Orthopedic Casting Tape
Orthopedic casting tape is composed by manifold layers of special
made fiberglass, which was soaked by polyurethane. Polyurethane
material is one kind of block copolymer which contains soft segment
and it is characterize by better viscosity, fast drying time, high
rigidness and light weight. Dure to better biocompatibility,
polyurethane is widely used in medical fields. Animal study and
acute and chronic toxicity test have proved that medical
polyurethane is non-toxic and no teratogenecity, no local
irritation and no anaphylactic reaction.
Character & advantage
1) Simple operation: Room temperature operation, short time, good
2) High hardness & light weight
20 times hard than plaster bandage; light material and use less
than plaster bandage;
Its weight is plasters 1/5 and its width is plasters 1/3,which
could reduce wound burden
3) lacunary (many holes structure) for excellent ventilation
Unique knitted net structure make sure good air ventilation and
prevent skin damp and hot & pruritus.
4) Rapid ossification (concretion)
It ossifies in 3-5 minutes after open the package and could bear
weight after 20 minutes, but plaster bandage need 24 hours for full
5) Excellent X-ray penetration
Good x-ray penetration ability makes X-ray photo clearly without
remove the bandage, but plaster bandage need remove to make x-ray
6) Good waterproofing quality
The moisture -absorbed percent is 85% less than plaster bandage,
Even the patient touch the water situation, it still could keep dry
in the injury position
7) Convenient operation & mold easily.
8) Comfortable & safe to patient/doctor
Material is friendly to operator and it wont become tension after
9) Wide application
10) Environment friendly
Material are environmental friendly, which could not produce
polluted gas after inflammation.
How to use Casting Tape
1) Put the pad (cotton coil or cotton slipcover) on the surgery
2) Wear surgical gloves.
3) Select proper specification according to the surgery position.
4) Immerse the roll in room temperature water(21-24°C) for 4-6
seconds and squeeze it 2-3 times firmly. If the water warmer than
21-24°C shortens the immersing time, while cooler than 21-24°C
water lengthens the time.
5) Enwind spirally; Overlapping the previous layer by one-half or
two-thirds of the roll width. To maintain proper tension is very
important and take care to avoid excessive tightness. The strength
can be determined by the number of layers used. Just 3-4 layers
provide a string non-weigh-bearing cast and 5-6 layers are
typically adequate for weight-bearing cast.
6) Additional after the initial enwinding should be overlapped on
itself to achieve good molding. Enwind the roll in 3-5 minutes
after immersing in water because after that time it will be
7) Smooth and rub the surface to achieve good contact between
layers. Keeping smoothness helps mold the wrap.
Allow about 10 minutes for sufficient concretion and let patients
not move during this time. It could bear electric weight after 20
8) It could be windowed, trimmed or removed with traditional cast
|Specification (cm)||Carton size (cm)||Packing|
We choose the shipping way according to your needs. Generally, two
1. Sea shipping is cheap but slow
2. Air shipping is expensive but fast
Payment: T/T, L/C can be accepted
If the order value is less than 2000USD, full payment will be done.
Sincerely hope to build a long-term business relationship with you.
Any question pls feel free to contact.
Changqing Medical Care Products Co., Ltd
19# Fenghuangroad, Development Zone, Taizhou, Jiangsu, 225300,
Tel: 86 135 0512 4763 (Whatsapp)
Fax: 86-523-899 899 36