Genuine Gemstone With Diamond Accents Jewelry Charms Pendant Chain
Oval & Round Cut
4x6mm & 2mm in Diameter
12 natural white diamond accents
18K Yellow Gold
High Polish Finish
Weights 1.091-1.922 Grams
Emerald – May birthstone
Emerald, a green gemstone, is a traditional birthstone of those who are born in May and for
people who have their zodiacs as Gemini and Taurus. Emerald
received its name from a Greek word "smaragdos" which literally
means "green stone", thereby reflecting the green color of an
It is a member of the beryl family of minerals that also includes
aquamarine, the March birthstone. The green colour of the emerald is due to the presence of either
chromium or vanadium in beryl stone. The colour of emerald ranges
from light green to deep green with.
Some interesting facts about emeralds are:
• The largest producer of natural emerald until now is Columbia.
Moreover, Colombian emeralds are among the world's most beautiful
emeralds found on earth.
• Emeralds are also considered to be a traditional gift for the 55th
• On the Mohs scale of mineral hardness, emeralds has been rated
with 7.5 – 8 points thereby making them less toughened gemstone as
compared to diamonds and sapphire.
• The prices of pure emeralds are very high because it is very
difficult to find a flawless emerald that too without any
inclusions or cracks.
• As emeralds are fragile in nature, they can be easily chipped off.
A special rectangular cut known as “Emerald cut” was developed to
reduce its tendency of fragility. This cut also reduces stress on
Some of the few famous emeralds in world are :
Devonshire Emerald – It weighs 1,385.95 carats.
Patricia Emerald – It weighs 630 carats
A Russian Emerald weighs 1,965 carats
Other than this, there are also 5 unnamed large emeralds which weigh between 1,100 carats to 1,796 carats.
Like every other gemstone, emerald too has some significant
symbolism linked with it. Along with the astrological
characteristics, it also has some healing properties also
associated with it. In general, the traditional green colour of
emerald symbolises nature and renewal of life. Some functional
characteristics of emeralds are as follows:
• Emerald is considered to be a symbol of fidelity.
• It is believed that emerald has the properties of calmness and
when worn on body it can sooth one’s body and soul.
• For many people, emerald has been a stone of prophecy.
It symbolises hope, fertility and rebirth.
• An emerald can be proved as a remedial stone for the health
problems related to eyes, fertility, spines, and headaches.
• In many cultures, emerald was regarded to be the symbol of
• In Rome, emeralds were thought to be a sacred stone of the goddess
Venus which when wore preserve love. It was believed that wearing
emerald brings faithfulness in the relationship of lovers.
• The wearer of emerald is also said to be blessed with great
reasoning ability and wisdom.
It is said that the powers of Emerald are strongest at the time of
spring. It is due to this reason that emeralds are a perfect choice
for springtime thereby making them a traditional gemstone for
zodiac Gemini along with Taurus.