Alloy 410 is the basic, general purpose martensitic stainless steel that is
used for highly stressed parts and provides good corrosion
resistance plus high strength and hardness. Alloy 410 contains a
minimum of 11.5% chromium which is just sufficient enough to
demonstrate corrosion resistance properties in mild atmospheres,
steam, and many mild chemical environments. It is a general purpose
grade that is often supplied in the hardened but still machineable
condition for applications where high strength and moderate heat
and corrosion resistance are required. Alloy 410 displays maximum
corrosion resistance when it’s been hardened, tempered, and then
Alloy 410 HT is the basic, general purpose, heat treated version of Type 410.
It used for general purpose, where corrosion is not severe.
Alloy 410S is a low carbon, non–hardening modification of Alloy 410 and
contains 12% chromium martensitic stainless steel. The low carbon
and a small alloy addition minimize austenite formation at high
temperatures which restricts the alloys ability to harden. 410S
remains soft and ductile even when rapidly cooled from above the
critical temperature. This non-hardening characteristic helps
prevent cracking when the alloy is exposed to high temperatures or
welded. 410S is completely ferritic in the annealed condition. It
exhibits adequate corrosion resistance similar to 410 and good
Applications requiring moderate corrosion resistance and high
mechanical properties are ideal for Alloy 410/ 410HT. Examples of applications that frequently used Alloy 410/ 410HT
- Steam and gas turbine blades
- Kitchen utensils
- Bolts, nuts, screws
- Pump and valve parts and shafts
- Mine ladder rugs
- Dental and surgical instruments
- Hardened steel balls and seats for oil well pumps
Examples of applications that frequently used Alloy 410S include:
- Petroleum Refining and Petrochemical Processing
- Distillation trays
- Heat exchangers
- Ore Processing
- Thermal Processing
- Annealing boxes
- Quenching racks
- Gate valves
- Press plates
|Steel Grade||410/410HT/410S||Application||Mentioned above|
|Shape||Round Bar||Standard||GB, ASTM, DIN,JIS|
|Dimension||Φ4-800 mm; length below 10m||Surface||Black, Bright, Polished, Peeled|
|Technique||Cold drawn; Hot rolled; Forged||Ultrasonic Test||100% UT Passed|
EQUIVALENT GRADES OF ASTM 410 / 410S
- JIS G4303: SUH410/SUS410S
- ASTM/ASME: UNS S41000/ UNS S41008
- EURONORM: X12Cr13/ X6Cr13
- DIN: 1.4006/ 1.4000
CHEMICAL COMPOSITION (%)
|1Cr13 / 12Cr13|
|Grade||Tensile Strength ksi (min)||Yield Strength 0.2% ksi (min)||Elongation %||Hardness (Brinell) MAX||Hardness (Rockwell B) MAX|
|1Cr13 / 12Cr13||540||345||20||200|
Corrosion Resistance of 410/410HT:
- Good corrosion resistance to atmospheric corrosion, potable water,
and to mildly corrosive environments
- Its exposure to everyday activities (sports, food preparation) is
generally satisfactory when proper cleaning is performed after
exposure to use
- Good corrosion resistance to low concentrations of mild organic and
Resistance of 410S
- Good oxidation resistance.
- Can be used in continuous service up to 1300°F (705°C).
- Scaling becomes excessive above 1500°F (811°C) in intermittent
- Corrosion resistance of 410S stainless steel is similar to type
- Resists corrosion in atmospheric conditions, fresh water, mild
organic and mineral acids, alkalis and some chemicals.
- Exposure to chlorides in everyday activities (e.g., food
preparation, sports activities, etc.) is satisfactory when proper
cleaning is performed after exposure to use.
- Readily welded by all standard methods
- To reduce the risk of cracking, it is suggested to pre-heat the
work piece to 350 to 400oF (177 to 204oC)
- Post weld annealing is recommended to retain maximum ductility
- The proper hot work range is 2000 to 2200oF (1093 to 1204oC)
- Do not work this material below 1650oF (899oC)
Processing of 410S
The alloy can not be hardened by heat treatment. It is annealed
between 1600 – 1650°F (871 – 899°C), and then air cooled to relieve
cold working stresses. 410S should not be exposed to temperatures
above 2000°F (1093°C), due to embrittlement. If large grains are
found after annealing mildly cold-worked material, the annealing
temperature should be decreased to 1200 – 1350°F (649 – 732°C).
410S is generally considered to be weldable by the common fusion
and resistance techniques. Special attention should be given to
avoid brittle weld fractures during fabrication; this includes
minimizing discontinuities, maintaining low weld heat input, and
occasionally warming the part somewhat before forming. 410S is
generally considered to have slightly poorer weldability than the
most common ferritic stainless steel grade 409. A major difference
can be attributed to the addition of alloy, to control hardening
which results in the need for higher heat input during welding.
What we can offer?
-We offer a wide range of steel products in a wide variety of
dimensions and executions, according to the common international
specifications or customize.
-Machining and heat treatment are available.
-Also, we advise you in choosing the right materials.
- Solid round bar
- Flat bar
- Square bar
- Hexagon bar
- Wire rod
- High mechanical property and quenching, enable the surface share
equal hardness after deal with it
- Good polishing and low roughness
- Making the heat-treatment to harden condition before using it
- Competitive price
- Fast production lead-time
- All the material are inspected with 3 times to meet the highly
- Pure steel quality & stable quality to be guarantee
OUR AVAILABLE STAINLESS STEEL PRODUCTS ARE AS BELOW
PAYMENT AND SHIPPING
1. Both T/T and L/C will be acceptable
2. Trade Terms: FOB, CIF, CFR
3. The delivery will be in 10-15 days if have stock; For customized
items, the delivery will be negotiated by both parties
4. Shipping by sea freight from Shanghai Port (PRC) for Bulk
orders, by airfreight or express for samples
Shanghai Unite Steel Trading Co., Ltd
We are committed to integrate engineering steel resources in china
and serve the global engineering steel market. Our company has more
than 15 years of experience in steel researching, production,
managing and sales. And our team mostly are based on and worked in
national famous steel enterprise.
In the aspect of resources and information, we have established
cooperative and stronger relationship with nearly hundred
enterprises, either state-owned or private owned in china.
What’s more, we have built long, deep and close business
relationship with dozens of steel company, Sharing and holding
equities with several steel enterprises. Because of the close
cooperation with steel companies and our pioneering spirit, which
can ensure us stay at the top competition, and ensure our customers
get what they really want!
Q: Are you a manufacturer or merely a trader?
A: We are group of companies and owned manufacturer bases and
trading company. We specialized in special steel which include
alloy structural steel and carbon steel and stainless steel, etc.
All material are with high quality and competitive price.
Q: How do you guarantee the quality of your product?
A: Firstly, we can provide the certificates from the third party,
such as TUV, CE, if you need. Secondly, we have a complete set of
inspection system and every process is checked by QC. Quality is
the lifeline of enterprise survival.
Q: Delivery time?
A: We have ready stock for most of material grades in our
warehouse. If the material doesn't have stock, the delivery lead
time is about 5-30 days after receiving your prepayment or firm
Q: What is the payment term?
A: T/T or L/C.
Q: Can we visit your company and factory?
A: Yes, warmly welcome! We can book the hotel for you before you
come to China and arrange our driver to our airport to pick you up
when you come.
We are happy to answer your questions and make you an offer for
these and other materials. Contact us now for more information.
Your Contact Person
Ms Chilli Ho